Source of vegetables
Source of fruit
Source of Omega 3
Sweetened with fruit
Makes 12 regular muffins & 12 mini muffins
- 3 cups SR flour
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts, diced finely suitable for mini mouths
- 1 cup sultanas
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup milk
1. Pre- heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Grease or line muffin trays.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, carrot, walnuts, sultanas & spice.
4. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk eggs, oil, vanilla & milk together. (this makes it easier to combine all the ingredients without over mixing)
5. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, then pour in the egg mixture and stir until just combined. (Avoid over mixing as this will make them tough & chewy)
6. Spoon mixture into muffin cases & bake for ~20 minutes for regular sized muffins & 10-15 minutes for mini muffins OR until firm to touch and a skewer inserted into the centre comes our clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.