Pumpkin, Haloumi & Broccoli Salad
Excellent source of vegetables
Easily converts to finger food friendly
- 500g pumpkin, diced.
- 2 cups broccoli florets, halved.
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 180g salt reduced haloumi, sliced into ~1/2 cm thick strips
- 200g salad leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
1. Pre- heat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Place pumpkin on baking tray, sprinkle with cumin & drizzle with maple syrup & olive oil, toss to combine. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Place broccoli on pumpkin tray & toss together to coat with existing seasonings. Place haloumi on top & bake for further 15 minutes, turning haloumi half way through.
4. Meanwhile combine dressing ingredients in small bowl/leak proof container & whisk/shake to combine.
5. Place salad leaves in serving bowl and add pumpkin, broccoli & haloumi, drizzle with dressing & gently toss to coat.
TIP: For toddler friendly meal, reserve a small portion of pumpkin, haloumi & broccoli and simply serve with pasta and finely diced salad leaves.