Sweet Potato Waffles
+ No added sugar + Source of fruit + Freezer friendly
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 teas mixed spice
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup SR flour
1. Pre-heat waffle iron.
2. Separate egg & beat egg white to soft peaks. (I like to do this step as it makes them light & fluffy, but you could skip this step).
3. In a separate bowl, mix all other ingredients together including egg yolk until just combined (over mixing will make them tough & chewy).
4. Gently fold through egg whites until just combined.
5. Place tablespoons of mixture onto waffle iron. (I need to lightly grease mine & like to use rice bran oil spray as it has a high smoke point aka doesn't go black & yucky easily). Cooking times will vary depending on your iron, but usually a couple of minutes does the trick!
TIP: I like to double the mixture & freeze snack sized portions for an easy snack for the whole family!